Paraguay

Paraguay: Livestock exports generated 1,873.6 million dollars in 2022

The international price of meat experienced an improvement of 7% to settle at 5,198 dollars per ton. However, the price received by producers is 15% lower than last year's levels.

Posted on Nov 18 ,04:50

Paraguay: Livestock exports generated 1,873.6 million dollars in 2022

Exports of products and by-products of animal origin generated US$ 1,873.6 million in revenue from January to October this year. This figure shows a growth of 8% compared to the US$ 1,734.1 million invoiced in the same period last year, according to the monthly report of the National Animal Quality and Health Service (SENACSA).

This growth is related to an improvement in international prices, which offset the lower export volume. So far this year, livestock products registered an appreciation of 10% to reach an average price of 3,653 dollars per ton.

Between January and October of this year, 512,844 tons of livestock products were shipped, which corresponds to a retraction of 1.5% in relation to the 520,545 tons exported in the same period of 2021.

The beef was the star item of Paraguayan livestock, being responsible for 79% of the income from foreign livestock trade. According to official data, between January and October of this year this product generated US$ 1,476.1 million, which shows an increase of 7.5% compared to the US$ 1,372.9 million entered in the same period of time last year.

So far this year, the volumes sold for this item are practically similar to those of last year, so the growth in revenue is also related to an improvement in prices. The average price of meat experienced an improvement of 7% to settle at 5,198 dollars per ton; however, the price received by producers is 15% lower than last year's levels.

Regarding the volume, in the accumulated January-October 2022, 283,932 tons of beef were exported, which corresponds to a slight increase of 0.25% in relation to the 283,214 tons sold last year. 

So far this year, beef shipments have been directed to 51 different markets, but when it comes to measuring the influence, there is still a high dependence on the five main buyers.

Until the end of October; Chile, Russia, Brazil, Taiwan and Israel received 87% of the Paraguayan meat sold abroad, leaving the remaining 13% distributed among the remaining 46 active destinations.

Between January and July of this year, 283,932 tons of meat were exported and the main markets were Chile with a 41% share, Russia 16%, Brazil 13%, Taiwan 11%, Israel 6% and the rest (45 markets) with the 13%, according to the SENACSA monthly report.

Argentine can now export beef to Mexico

The Mexican Senasica authorized 22 Brazilian processing plants to export bovine meat to Mexico and and now both sanitary services are adjusting details to agree on the animal health requirements that will appear in the sanitary certificate that will guarantee the shipments.

This concludes three years of negotiations between the health authorities of Mexico and Argentina, derived from which, Senasica is attentive to the recognized plants demonstrating compliance with the established requirements to start, as soon as possible, the export of Argentine meat.

The health authorities of Mexico and Argentina agreed on the Work Plan under a verification scheme at source, similar to the one operated by the health authority of the United States and which will ensure the sanitary and safety conditions of food of Argentine origin, to guarantee that are free of diseases such as foot-and-mouth disease.

Origin verification is an instrument used to guarantee the health and safety of food sold in Mexico and thus protect agricultural production and the health of consumers.

 NEWSLETTER - Stay informed with the latest news!

Comments





Similar articles

SPAIN

OG REDaPORC: Biosecurity as a tool for antibiotics reduction

In order to achieve this, we have set three main objectives. Firstly, to identify and characteriz...


Read more Read more
Germany

GfK survey: Many vegetarians just eat meat

This is reported by the trade magazine 'Voeding Magazine' for nutritionists and healthcare profes...


Read more Read more
Russia

Russia increased poultry meat exports in January-August 2022

"According to the estimates of our union, for 8 months in all directions, these are both non-CIS ...


Read more Read more
Websolutions by Angular Software and SpiderClass