SPAIN

Frimancha Canarias and Montesano Canarias SA close their business integration process

With this process, the shareholding of Frimancha Canarias will be 75% for Grupo Vall Companys and 25% for Montesano.

Posted on Jul 04 ,00:15

Frimancha Canarias and Montesano Canarias SA close their business integration process

The company Frimancha Canarias, owned by the Vall Companys Group, and the Canarian meat operator Montesano Canarias SA, have closed their business integration process. This integration takes place in a context of globalization of the sector, where all operators are increasingly competitive.

The objective of integrating the businesses of the two companies in the Canary Islands is to establish possible synergies that would allow them to optimise and make their operations more competitive and act as a single entity. With this operation, the shareholding of Frimancha Canarias will be divided into 75% held by the Vall Companys Group and the remaining 25% for Montesano. Likewise, the company Logística Montesano will be integrated under the same terms of the operation.

The Vall Companys Group, which closed 2022 with a turnover of 3.01 billion euros, is the leading operator in pork, poultry and flour production in Spain with more than 60 years of history. It currently generates more than 12,500 jobs, of which 415 are in the Canary Islands.

Montesano, also with more than 60 years of history in the Canary Islands, has a volume of more than 4,000 tons of processed meat per year. Its facilities with a surface area of 22,000 m2 are located in the Tenerife town of El Rosario. Currently, Montesano Canarias and Logística Montesano employ more than 275 professionals in the Canary Islands.

 NEWSLETTER - Stay informed with the latest news!

Comments





Similar articles

CHINA

Topigs Norsvin and Muyuan Foods start a nucleus farm in China

The new high-health nucleus farm will have a capacity of 1200 sows and will house both maternal a...


Read more Read more
USA

US invests $110 million in meat and poultry processing

U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Secretary Tom Vilsack announced that the Biden-Harris Admin...


Read more Read more
AUSTRALIA

Better prices moderate sentiment in Australian sheepmeat sector according to survey

However, sentiment has improved in the among sheep producers since the last survey in October 202...


Read more Read more
Websolutions by Angular Software and SpiderClass